About this Course
Ruby developer, Yukihiro Matsumoto, defines Ruby as the true object-oriented programming language that allows built-in OOP features to make the language not only easier to write but also easier to read. Ruby is an expressive, dynamic, powerful and easy to maintain programming language that was designed to cater to developers that were not happy with the performance of Python.
This brilliant language has now become an important language around the world and is used with Rails to design some amazing web apps. Built on Lisp, it also takes inspiration from other high-functioning languages such as Smalltalk and Perl. With the need for more power-packed languages, Ruby is a great language to learn today!
And, our Ruby In-depth intro course is the perfect way for you to get started!
In our In-depth Ruby course, we will get you started from the very beginning, assuming that you have no background knowledge. Our instructor will help you break down Ruby from the start, including from installation and fundamentals to Metaprogramming and RubyGems.
No more courses that talk over your head, or instructors that don’t understand exactly what you need. This Ruby course has been designed with suggestions from industry experts and our instructor has over 8 years of teaching experience with specialization in Ruby and Rails.
This course will help you prepare to learn this amazing new language like you would any other language – by understanding its rules and basic concepts. This course has been broken down systematically to help you start your journey as a Ruby developer.
Neatly broken down into 9 sections, the course will cover everything you need to know about Ruby in a perfect combination of theory and practical. That makes this the perfect tutorial for newbies, as well as a great refresher course for experienced developers and coders. Each concept that you learn in this course will also be shown to you with examples – so that you can understand exactly how you should use the command or keyword.
Let’s breakdown exactly what you will learn in this course:
- An introduction to Ruby and its foundations, including how to install Ruby on your PC.
- Ruby Basics such as cycles, IF conditions, variables, etc.
- Other important commands such as classes, methods, variables, inheritance, and other object-oriented concepts.
- Advanced concepts such as blocks and callable objects.
- Learn how to handle exceptions in your projects.
- Working your way through the file system, as well as inputs and outputs.
- How to manipulate program structure with Ruby’s most powerful feature – Metaprogramming
- What is RubyGems, how to install them, and how to use them?
What’s stopping you from becoming an OOP master? Enroll now and shine with Ruby!-
SKILLS YOU WILL GAIN
- Object-oriented programming
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Learn Ruby programming from ground up
- Learn advanced concepts such as class modules and inheritance
- Learn Metaprogramming and exception handling
- Learn to build real-world apps using Ruby
Contact us if there is any problem.